John Stewart: The Emerald Knight #1.....1.5 Stars

 John Stewart: The Emerald Knight #1.....1.5 Stars




There are certain writers at DC that are making me re-learn the hard lesson of pocket book pain when it comes to comic books. In short, comic books in Canada cost around $7.00 to $8.00 dollars or more, which is a far cry from when I was little and was able to buy a comic for under a dollar. Back then, there was no such thing as pocket book pain in relation to comics, because if I bought 10 comics with my monthly allowance, I could live with a few stinkers, because I could be assured that the bulk of them would be of good quality, unfortunately that is not the case today. 

Now I am still reeling from the absolutely horrible Grifter Christmas special, plus Zdarky's screw up, (who I generally hold in high regard) so I will make this review very brief, in general the comic was unreadable.

The concept of John Stewart becoming an angelic being was quite interesting, but unfortunately it was executed very poorly. The story could have took the time to explore his new powers and origins in depth, but instead it was a kerfuffle of hard to follow dialogue centered around an epic battle with supporting heroes and villains that the average reader isn't really invested in. The dialogue seemed to bounce from one irrelevant character to another so often, I found myself really bored with the read, and ended up flipping through the pages half way through the story. In short, it was so unenjoyable that I didn't finish reading it. 

Gregory Thorne is apparently out of contract with DC comics, and while he is not the worst writer employed at the company, I do think the indies is more suited for his current ability. Perhaps in time he can come back to DC, but at present, his Green Lantern flopped for a reason. 

1.5 stars out of 5. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars