DC's Grifter Got Run Over By a Reindeer.....1 Star


DC's Grifter Got Run Over By a Reindeer

 


I don't usually hand out 1 star's, but if your looking to add a little bit of grinch into your festive holiday cheer than buy this, because you will wish that you could return it and get your money back. 


There are some interesting characters in here for sure, but one of my guages for determining if a comic is really bad, is if I find it unreadable with some of my favourite characters in it, let alone characters that don't really resonate with me, and this is the case with this comic. I was looking forward to a fun Christmas story arch with Black Canary & Constantine, but what I got instead, was an absurd storyline of the pair in a super hero indie rock band, apparently defeating Granny Goodness by singing and playing instruments. One could see the logic in this story arch, Canary has her cry, and Constantine has his magic, but it was executed so poorly, and was generally (as with the rest of this comic) humourless. Unfortunately this wasn't the worst story. 

The creative on this comic book are generally hacks and amatuers. I'm all for a comic that provides an opportunity for new talent to showcase thier skills, but when Stephanie Phillips & Michael Conrad are your headliners, than you mind as well get ready to put this through the paper shredder. 

A reminder to me check whose wrting a comic before you buy it. 

1 star out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars