The Flash #788....4 Stars

 The Flash # 788


I am living proof  that having duplicate heroes running around the DC Universe is bad for business.(ie; 2 Flash's minus Garrick) Why is that you may ask? Well, I enjoyed Williamson's run so much that when they made the transition back to Wally West, I simply couldn't follow the new run, despite my best attempts to do so, because I became attached to Barry Allen.  It is why I therefore theorize (though I have no evidence to support the claim I'm about to make)  that this may be the reason why Flash sales aren't higher than what they are, because creative is definitely not the problem. 

In issue #788, Jeremy Adams brings us a great story about the Rouges being employed by the new mayor of the city Gregory Wolfe, whose out for personal revenge against masked vigilantes in the city (Aka, superheroes). One could argue that the plotline isn't wholly original, but that's okay, because it doesn't have to be. Like altering a cool guitar riff to make it your own, that's all Adams has to do with this story, and he does it most skillfully. His depictions of the Rogues and their behavior is great, but it's really Fernando Pasarin's art that brings these characters to life. I'm often guilty of skipping over the artist and inker to talk about the writer, so it can't be stressed enough here how beautifully drawn and colourful the art is here.

 In short, Adams and Pasarin are an extremely talented creative duo, who might be able to convert me back to Wally West again. 

4 out of 5 stars 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars