Dark Crisis #6.....2 stars

 Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #6



I think I've been pretty fair in my assessment of Dark Crisis issues, while others have been panning the series, I've pretty much given every issue I've reviewed on average somewhere between 3 to 4.5 stars, and while there has been plot disappointments, things really didn't break down until now.

I'm just going to cut straight to the chase. 

For months now, fans have been pondering what this dark entity controlling Pariah is, eagerly awaiting for it to rear it's ugly face in the final issues of Dark Crisis. We even got teased this variant cover for issue 5, of a demonic Grim Reaper entity holding the Anti Monitors decapitated head. The Anti Monitor, arguably one, if not the most threatening villain the DCU has ever encountered. 





So who is that apparently has the ability to decapitate the anti monitor? Who is this formidable foe that all the DC heroes must unite together against in a final stand to save humanity. It is.....it is....Deathstroke.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! Deathstroke!!!I paid for six issues to find out the that the greatest peril to the DCU is a demonically possessed Deathstroke who looks like he's injected one too many steroids! Un fuckin believable. I don't know what to say, I'm speechless. 

There are other things I didn't care for in this issues, but I think I'll leave any other assessment for the finale. Let's just hope there is more going on than the present plotline leads us to believe. On a sidenote, I like the cool retro crisis take on the cover. 

2 stars out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars