Rogues #4......4 stars

 Rogues #4


I was absolutely livid during the first issue when I found out that Weather Wizard and Captain Boomerang had been left out of the story to be replaced by Bronze Tiger, and another female villain. (Who was so unmemorable I can't even remember her name) Now, Bronze Tiger is one of my favourite all time DC superheroes/anti heroes, despite his lack of appearances over the decades, but he did not belong in this story, and neither did the other female villain. 

In short, the replacements felt woke, and whether it was done intentionally or it was just Williamson's decision, a great opportunity to make Flash fans run out and buy this was missed with the exclusion of Weather Wizard and Captain Boomerang, two of the most historically beloved Flash rogues of all time. I would have LOVED to seen how they died, as opposed to two replacement characters that have no history with the Flash, and were seemingly brought in for diversity reasons??? 

(Help me out here, I can't think of any other reason, but it makes no sense, this isn't a top selling title that has to appeal to a broad audience.) 

Thus I don't cry woke often, but I surely would have, had both Bronze Tiger and Golden Glider had been the only two that escaped while all the others died. Thus a great big cheshire cat grin emerged on my face when the two (spoiler) were blasted to death in the end, no survivors. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely, absolutely, love, love, love both of those characters, but it would have been some cheesy Hollywood diversity stuff had they lived, while all the other Rogues bit the dust. No, they die, like all the others. In the end, it salvaged this story. 

I have no idea if the decision to sub out Weather Wizard and Captain Boomerang were politically motivated, or as stated before, just Williamson's preference, but I can state one thing for sure. This will not go down as a memorable Flash collective as a result, and that's a shame, because this had the potential to become a classic. 

4 stars out of 5




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars