Teen Titans Academy #14....3 stars (not as bad as everyone says)

 Teen Titans Academy #14....3 Stars




The series has been cancelled and it's getting panned left and right on websites, as well as you tube and comic fan forums, so although I am tempted to give it 3.5 stars on the issue alone, I'm kind of shying on the three star side, as I don't really know what it is that's upsetting people so much, but after reading it, I've got an idea. 

To my knowledge there is no ongoing regular Titans series at the moment, which means long time fans of the Titans are watching Dick, Donna, Victor, Roy, Raven ect take a back seat to the junior heroes. In short, DC is once again not giving the customers what they want, thus we have a Titans series that appears to be pretty much Young Justice (I'm speculating here, I haven't been following the comic) 

I think a Young Justice ongoing series is great, but in all honesty, you have to have a regular Titans series running separately at the same time or Titans fans or going to get PO'd, as they don't want to have to read about their favourite characters having to share, or take a back seat to the junior heroes, which seems to be the case here. 

As for the story itself, I didn't find it that bad. I actually really enjoyed the Young Justice League Dark characters. I thought they were all really cool with lots of potential, and I love how these young heroes deciding to take things into their own hands, find themselves in a heap of trouble because they've just unknowingly teleported themselves to Apocalypse; the last place in the DC universe junior super heroes want to find themselves.  

Finally, I must confess, I've been basking in a little schadenfreude watching fans get upset over the merger of Beast and Cyborg. It's obviously temporary, and has been done to bring some romantic tension into the story. As someone who has literally (with the exception of Constantine) had all 6 of my favourite male heroes either killed off ,or go through a bout of murderous insanity with DC having no initial intention of bringing them back.....I just have to say to these fans,  dial me up when that happens to Cyborg or Beast Boy, otherwise chill out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars