Batman Urban Legends #15......1 Star

 

Batman Urban Legends #15......1 Star




There are some people out who like to read bad comics to prove a political point in this ongoing bs culture war that has infected comics, but not I, nevertheless to give you an idea of how bad this writing is, I'm going to state the following....

1) Zatanna & Constantine are two of my favourite characters, but Vita Ayala's writing is so unmemorable that after reading issue 13, I totally forgot about issue 14, before grabbing this. 

2) Issue #14 had another one of my favourite characters in a back story (The Question) and as Vic Sage has to share the spotlight with the other Question these days, he gets so little exposure as it is....it goes to show how bad the writing was that I forgot about issue #14, which actually had a really good Question/Batman backstory, despite an unreadable Zatanna headliner. 

3) As for Issue #15; despite having two of my favourite characters, I literally could not read through the whole story.....that is how bad Vita Ayala's writing is. Zatanna comes off as flakey and out of character, and Constantine comes off as a cardboard cut out of himself. 

There are political people out there (the anti woke crowd) who are saying that certain writers at DC are getting hired to meet specific "political" quotas, instead of being hired on their merit, I have no idea if this is true, but one cannot help but wonder if this is the case. 

I have nothing against Vita Ayala personally, I'm sure she's a nice person, but I'm a nice person to, and I would love to write for DC comics, but there is a reason I'm not, and that reason is the same reason that Vita and a host of other bad writers at DC should not be either. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars