Action Comics # 1042.....4 Stars

 Action Comics # 1042.....4 Stars




Every now and then you pick an issue out of the blue, and feel like you've just walked into something epic, and this is how I felt after reading Action Comics #1042. 

I'll be honest with you, I'm not the biggest fan of the big blue boy scout as I tend to like heroes with a little more grit (Wolverine, Constantine...you get the picture) , but you can't help but appreciate what Clark Kent symbolizes; namely,  the best side of our humanity, so when I saw a comic cover as cool looking as the one above I thought....I think I'll buy this. 

And, I'm glad I did, because Philip Kennedy Johnson's writing was more than enjoyable, as I found myself walking into part 7 of an epic storyline involving Mongul, which is cool in itself. I'm not giving it 5 stars, as the plotline (hero stranded on a villains planet, imprisoned and starts a slave revolt) has been rehashed a thousand times, but Phillips does it in such a way that keeps you enthralled all the way through, and  Riccardo Federici on the art....let's just say I'm liking everything he does. If your a casual superman fan who hasn't picked this up yet, I suggest giving it a look through and buying it from part 1. 

Anyways, probably the last review I do for a while, as there are just too many Batman titles out there to sustain my interest in DC. When I start picking up Superman titles, that's a tell tale sign that too many of my favourite heroes are being shelved in limbo, cheers. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars