Blue & Gold # Issue 8 of 8......4 Stars

 Blue & Gold # Issue 8 of 8......4 Stars




I am probably being a little too generous here, but I'm giving this issue 4 stars based on the strength of the mini series as a whole, which I found to be both light hearted and fun, with plenty of humour to boot. There may be some bias here, as these two heroes bring me back to my youth, so I therefore hold some affection towards them, but overall I thought Dan Jurgens did a really good job. I particularly enjoyed how Booster & Beetle were filming their misadventures live to their twitter feed. Reading their fans comments was funny, and something I haven't seen done in comics before, so for me at least....it was a completely original idea. Finally, who better to write these two characters than the creator of Booster Gold himself, Jurgens obviously knows these two heroes in and out. 

If your a fan of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and you missed this series, you will want to pick it up when (if) it comes out on trade paperback, and if your just looking for a good laugh to watch two absolute doofuses muck things up in the line of superhero work, than I think you'll enjoy this series overall. Art is decent, but pick it up for the read. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars