Batman/Superman: World's Finest Issue #2........5 Stars

 Batman/Superman: World's Finest Issue #2........5 Stars




I think I mentioned in the first review that I did on this series that writer Mark Waid is a legend in the game, and his writing on Superman/Batman World's Finest #2 shows that he still has it. 

I'm always cognizant of the fact that writing a review with too many spoilers ruins the comic for those who are still eagerly waiting to read it, so I will keep it brief. In this issue Superman's life is in peril after being injected with red kryptonite by Metallo, and therefore it's up to members of the Doom Patrol to save him, inside their rustic and spooky mansion that they call their headquarters. They have but one clue to go on as to who is behind the poisoning, and this is where the master (Mark Waid)  goes to work with his pen & paper, crafting us a tale of the release of a demon from the far east as the heroes gather around the old mansion to listen to the tale. Waid therefore sets up an excellent earie atmosphere; Scooby Doo style, but what really makes this comic great is his ability to bring these characters to life. I have to confess I haven't read much Doom Patrol in my life, but he nails down Batman, Robin, Superman and Supergirl to a tee. A must read, 5 stars!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars