Batman: Fear State Saga....4 Stars (Quality Art)

 Batman: Fear State Saga....4 Stars (Quality Art) 




I find myself reading a lot of Tynion and Williamson these days, but that's okay, I'm on a comic book budget, so I don't mind picking writers close to the cream of the crop, even if both their Batman runs were lackluster. 

(I find that Tynion's strength is writing about the magical realm, while Williamson is best with all american middle class heroes like the Flash)

With that being said, did Tynion impress? Well yes and no. I'm giving this issue 4 stars on the art more so than the writing, but I did enjoy the story overall. I had to sit and ponder whether or not Batman would reveal some personal details to the Scarecrow on a drive to an asylum, but I did think it was a novel idea, and I enjoyed the conversation between the two. I also enjoyed the fact that Ghostface has turned good, as I thought he was an awful character at first, and that whole story arc caused me to drop Tynion's Batman run. 

What really stands out here though is the art! There are several artists on this comic, with the main one being Riccardo Federici. It's just quality stuff through and through, which brings living life to Gotham's gothic landscape. 

Buy it for the art, but worth the read, **** stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aquamen #1.... 3 Stars

Aquamen #2..... 2.5.... stars

Tim Drake Robin #1....3 Stars